Dubai is known for its ambitious and innovative projects, such as the world's tallest building, the Burj Khalifa, or the artificial islands shaped like palm trees and a world map. But one of its lesser-known developments is the International City. This sprawling residential and commercial area features themed clusters inspired by different countries and regions.
One of these clusters is the China Cluster, which consists of 26 low-rise buildings designed to resemble traditional Chinese architecture. International City China Cluster is home to a vibrant community of expatriates, mainly from China, Pakistan, India, and Bangladesh, who enjoy affordable rents, convenient locations, and diverse amenities.
But the International City China Cluster is not only a place to live but also a place to invest. This article will explore why the China Cluster is an attractive opportunity for investors like you who want to maximize their rental yields in Dubai's real estate market.
What is International City?
International City is a country-themed collection of residences, businesses, and tourist attractions spanning 800 hectares (8 million square meters). The traditional carpets of the Middle East inspire the city's design. It features ten country-specific districts or clusters: China, England, France, Persia, Greece, Russia, Spain, Morocco, Italy, and the Emirates. Each group has its own architectural style and cultural identity, offering a diverse and colorful living experience for residents and visitors alike.
Dubai International City is located in the Al Warsan region of Dubai, close to the Dubai Central Fruit and Vegetable Market. Nakheel Properties developed it, one of Dubai's largest real estate developers and the mastermind behind projects such as Palm Jumeirah, The World Islands, and Dragon Mart. Nakheel Properties made the project to provide affordable housing options for expatriates and low-income workers in Dubai.
Five Valuable Features of the International City China Cluster
The International City China Cluster is a good place for rental properties, because this location has the ability to naturally attract a lot of tenants. The reason why it's so popular among tenants is because it has a lot of stores, pharmacies, restaurants and cafeterias nearby. There are also multiple places with leisure activities within a short drive of the China Cluster.
These are the 5 main features that draw residents to the area:
- The Residential District: This is the central part of the China Cluster, where the country-specific apartment complexes are. It contains studio and one-bedroom apartments that can accommodate thousands of residents. The apartments have building security, pools, private parking, gyms, parks, and shopping areas.
- The Central District: This is the commercial and financial hub of the entire International City, where offices, retail outlets, hotels, and exhibition halls are situated. It covers an area of 21 hectares (210,000 square meters) and has a distinctive circular layout.
- The Lake District: This scenic area surrounds an artificial lake and offers recreational facilities such as jogging tracks, picnic spots, and boat rides. It also has some residential buildings that overlook the lake.
- The Forbidden City: This shopping mall covers an area of 240,000 square meters and has parking facilities for 2,000 cars. This mall is inspired by the Forbidden City of Beijing, China, and it has a traditional Chinese architectural style. It offers a variety of shops, restaurants, and entertainment venues.
- The Dragon Mart is another shopping mall specializing in wholesale Chinese products. It is shaped like a dragon and stretches for 1.2 kilometers. It has over 4,000 shops that sell everything from electronics to furniture, clothing and food. Many of the vendors in Dragon Mart are Chinese, thus tend to offer traditional Chinese food and furniture, which appeals to many Chinese residents in Dubai.
If you are interested in finding more information about Dubai International City, you can find it on its official website: www.internationalcity.ae
What Factors Contribute to China Cluster’s Popularity Among Real Estate Investors?
International City is near the Dubai International Airport, the Dubai Academic City, the Dubai Silicon Oasis, and the Expo 2020 site. It also has easy access to major highways such as Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road and Emirates Road. International City makes it convenient for residents and visitors to commute to other parts of the city and beyond.
Compared to other areas in Dubai, the property prices and rents in International City are relatively low, making it an attractive option for budget-conscious buyers and tenants. Property Finder said the average price per square foot for apartments in International City was AED 518 in June 2021, while the average rent for studios was AED 18,000 per year. These rates are significantly lower than the city-wide averages of AED 1,012 and AED 36,000, respectively.
Authentic Chinese Goods and Services
There are many different areas all across Dubai, and they all offer various goods and services from all over the world, but very few of them offer authentic Chinese goods and services. China Cluster is one of the few places in Dubai that offers authentic and traditional Chinese goods and services. This has enabled China Cluster to become a popular destination for Chinese expats moving to Dubai.
As more Chinese stores and businesses open in Dubai this location will continue to grow in popularity among Chinese expats, thus making it even more valuable. As it stands right now, China cluster has uniquely positioned itself as one of, if not the most attractive location to Chinese expats.
Day to Day Amenities
All the clusters in International City, including the China Cluster, offers its residents and visitors a range of amenities and facilities, such as supermarkets, pharmacies, clinics, schools, nurseries, mosques, restaurants, cafes, salons, gyms, parks, playgrounds, and more. The development also has several community centers that provide recreational and social activities for different age groups and interests.
Furthermore, International City is home to some of Dubai's most popular attractions, such as Dragon Mart, which has over 4,000 shops selling everything from electronics to furniture to fashion. Additionally, Warsan Souk, which has over 1,100 shops and restaurants offering local and international delicacies; and Dubai Safari Park.
Major Chinese Community
Due to its affordability, amenities and authentic Chinese goods/services China Cluster enjoys having the biggest Chinese community in Dubai. This is very important to take into consideration, because when most people move to a new country, they tend to prefer moving to an area that has a large community that they share a language with.
China cluster is a convenient and comfortable location for any, and especially new Chinese expats moving to Dubai. This coupled with the other benefits China Cluster offers, it’s likely that this area will remain a major hub for Chinese expats in Dubai.
Interested in investing
International City China Cluster offers affordable and spacious apartments, a vibrant and diverse community, and easy access to the city's attractions and amenities. If you are interested in investing in this area, you can contact us at Statglobal. We provide updated data and insights, enabling you to navigate Dubai's ever-evolving landscape of real estate investment opportunities.